Submitting a second event to Google Analytics
Our evaluation menu lets you evaluate calls after hanging up the phone. You can process these evaluations in Google Analytics to gain insight into what traffic sources generate valuable calls. Of course, these evaluations may change over time, e.g. when a potential lead has turned into a sale. Our new functionality makes it possible to submit a second event to Google Analytics when the evaluation of a call has changed. Read on to find out how this works.
How it works
You can send a maximum of two events per call to Google Analytics. The first evaluation is conducted via the phone call evaluation menu. Next, you can submit your revised evaluation via AdCalls’ dashboard.
- First event
- A call is registered via a call tracking telephone number.
- The call is evaluated using the evaluation menu, e.g. as a ‘lead’.
- The first event is submitted to Google Analytics.
- Second event
- The ‘lead’ has turned into a ‘sale’.
- The evaluation of an existing call is revised from ‘lead’ to ‘sale’ via AdCalls’ dashboard.
- The second event is submitted to Google Analytics.
You can also use our dashboard to evaluate calls that have not been evaluated yet. If you want, you can then submit an event to Google Analytics. You can only submit one revised evaluation per call to Google Analytics.
Activating the functionality
You can activate the functionality for submitting a second event to Google Analytics via the Google Analytics app in our dashboard. Besides activating the functionality, you can also submit a modified dimension, which lets you check whether a second event was submitted for a specific call.
If you have any questions about submitting a second event or any of the other possibilities of call tracking, feel free to contact us.